Bedtime Bliss – Tips for a Good Night’s Sleep
Chances are, if you have or had a baby, you are familiar with the problems of trying to get your baby to go to sleep. Here are some time-honored ways of getting your baby to go to sleep. All of these tips have been provided by mothers like you, who want their baby to get a good night’s sleep. After all, a good night’s sleep is an integral part to your baby’s health and development.
- Try a bath before bedtime – A warm bath will help soothe your baby and make him or her feel nice and warm. In addition to the warm comfort of a bath there is also the cuddling afterwards while drying him or her off. Try these organic baby bath blankets for drying your baby’s delicate skin.
- Soothing music – Babies love music. Aside from the mental stimulation and the associated learning that music provides, it can also soothe the baby to sleep. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of mobiles that play soft music as they slowly rotate to induce baby to sleep. Some mobiles, like this one sold by BabyEarth.com, play soft classical music to soothe the baby.
- Car rides – Few things put people, babies and adults, to sleep faster than long car rides. Perhaps it’s the vibration of the car, or maybe it’s the general movement. But some parents swear by a car ride. Put the baby in a securely attached car seat, wrap him or her in some blankets, give them their favorite organic stuffed animal to snuggle, and head around the block.
- Vibrating sleeping mats – If you want your little one to be able to stretch out in their crib, but they love the vibrating feeling from the swing or car, you should invest in a vibrating mattress pad. The pad gently soothes the baby to sleep and, according to the description, the “soothing vibrations gradually turn off as baby falls asleep.” This is a great idea if you travel with the baby and can’t bring the swing along or if inclement weather prevents a quick drive around the neighborhood.
- Swing to sleep – One popular accessory for baby sleep is a swing. Swings can help put a baby to sleep like nothing else can. They can rock babies for hours until they fall asleep, at whatever speed the baby is comfortable with. There are stories of some babies falling asleep in the swings, and waking up as soon as the swing is stopped. Accentuate your baby swing with some organic cotton blankets and watch your little one fall asleep in minutes. You can get these blankets on sale this weekend!